Family Dentistry Services Keep Your Loved Ones Smiling Bright
Dr. E. Mark Wade provides ongoing care to patients and their families, helping them to maintain healthy smiles that last a lifetime. Our family dentistry practice in Mesa provides comprehensive oral healthcare for every stage of a patient’s life. We understand the unique needs of children, teens, adults, and seniors, and can tailor preventative and restorative care plans for each member of your family. Contact us today to schedule your appointment. We can schedule out a block of time so your family can undergo back-to-back exams, or we can schedule individual appointments.
The Advantages of Seeing a Family Dentist
If you have children, there are several advantages to seeing a family dentist rather than a general dentist. Family dentistry is similar to general dentistry; both types of practices offer oral hygiene care and restorative treatments like dental fillings. Not all general dentists, however, are willing to see children. A general dentist may not offer preventative treatments that are specifically designed for children, such as dental sealants and fluoride treatments. In addition, they may not be prepared to keep children comfortable and content during their dental appointments.
A family dentist has experience treating patients of all ages. Our practice starts seeing children at age three. We foster a gentle approach that helps children develop positive associations with going to the dentist. We want them to build good oral hygiene habits for life.
Providing Comprehensive Care
Our family dental practice focuses on preventive and restorative care. We provide a comprehensive range of treatments, such as:
- Regular cleanings: Routine cleanings are recommended for patients of all ages.
- Fluoride treatments and sealants: These treatments are most commonly provided to children.
- Deep cleaning: Deep cleanings are generally recommended to adults and seniors.
- Tooth-colored fillings: Tooth-colored fillings restore teeth following cavity treatment.
- Wisdom tooth extraction: Wisdom tooth extraction is commonly recommended to teenage patients.
- Oral cancer screenings: Oral cancer screenings are especially important for seniors, who are at a greater risk of developing oral cancer. We provide screenings as part of all checkups.
- Dental implants, dentures, crowns and bridges: These restorative treatments are typically provided for older adults and seniors, though they can benefit any patient who has lost adult teeth.
If you would like to learn more about how we can provide excellent oral health care for your entire family, please contact us today.